Richard (Rick) Parent, CPA
Managing Director, Audit and Accounting Shareholder
Rick specializes in audits and financial reporting for private and publicly held companies, working closely with chief executives and chief financial officers. Specifically, Rick leads audits and provides due diligence and special reports for clients in real estate, technology, manufacturing and distribution, entertainment, and hospitality.
As a member of the SEC Company practice, Rick has worked with both pre-IPO and SEC registered companies of varying size and has experience taking companies public. Prior to becoming a public accountant, Rick was a chief financial officer having worked for both private and publicly-held companies. As a chief financial officer Rick became well-versed in providing accounting due diligence and support for acquisitions and divestitures as well as downsizing and restructuring. He has helped clients with their budgeting, international operations, accounting and forecasting, business contracts, information technology, debt and equity fundraising, private equity/venture capital, and consolidation and multi-divisional entities. He has also worked at Ernst & Young and BDO Seidman
He is the current Managing Director of the firm and heads the operations committee and he co-leads the Real Estate department. As a real estate specialist, Rick has extensive knowledge about accounting in the real estate industry and has wide-ranging experience working with real estate funds, owner-operators, developers, and property managers.
Rick is involved in several music and sports related organizations as a long-time member of the Dean’s Circle Executive Board of the Mike Curb College of Arts, Media, and Communication and a former board member of the Los Angeles Sports Council. For business related organizations, he is a member the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants; and the California Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- 5 Steps to Audit Ready Records For Property Managers, May 2014
- Preparing your business for sale…even if it’s not, Sept. 2012
- Minimize Controversy By Keeping Audit-Ready Records, Commercial Property Executive, Sept. 2011
- Going Green Saves Cash, Commercial Property Executive, March 2011
- Slow Recovery Hurts Construction Industry, Commercial Property Executive, March 2011
- The Lease of Which: On your 2010 balance sheet, will it be operating lease or capital lease?, Western Real Estate Business, December 2009
- Creating harmony: The importance of building an acquisition integration strategy, Smart Business LA, October 2008
- The Carried Interest Debate: Legislation that Threatens the Real Estate Industry, December 2010
M.M., The Juilliard School of Music
B.M., University of Southern California