Lionel B. Sanders, CPA
Lionel Sanders is a dynamic seasoned problem-solver in accounting, taxation and all aspects of the management of a business. Lionel provides logical solutions to difficult problems.
An area of professional focus for Lionel is the visual arts, including drawings, paintings, sculpture, printmaking, photography, glass and architecture. As a collector and donor of fine art, he understands the needs of his clients who are individual collectors, artists, galleries and print shops. Due to his extensive knowledge on the subject of art collecting and taxation, Lionel is a U.S. contributor to the book “Art and Taxation for the Global Collector,” a yearly guide to tax rates around the world for art collectors.
Lionel’s areas of specialty include: income taxes, estates, trusts, real estate, law firms, health industry, retail, wholesale distribution, entertainment, film and TV production, technology and manufacturing.
Lionel’s recent accomplishments for his clients include:
- Successfully saved a real estate client $1,500,000 by restructuring the basis of the property.
- Turning ordinary income into capital gain on the sale of a business.
- Acting as an impartial person for a family involved in the settling of an estate.
- Found untapped tax credits and deductions for a clinical research company.
- Advised a client on a complicated 1031 exchange involving multiple properties.
Lionel volunteers his time at The Getty Museum – Brentwood Campus and is a co-trustee of The Sperry Trust, a non-profit organization supporting the humane treatment of animals. He is also a Group Leader Associate for the ProVisors networking group, a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and a member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Lionel’s personal interests include travel, music, theatre, and of course, the visual arts.
- Art, Antiques & Collectibles – Plan To Maximize Tax Benefits, August 2017
- Art and Taxation for the Global Collector, US Contributor, 2015 Edition
- Five Tips For 1099 Filing Obligations, January 2015
- Tax Court Cautionary Tale: Classifying Workers as Contractors, January 2015
- 4 Tips to Buying Art as an Investment, September 2014
- Are you a Baby Boom Entrepreneur?, March 2014
B.S. in Business and Accounting, California State University, Northridge