Gilbert Greene, CPA
Gil has extensive experience working with public companies, closely held businesses, and high net worth individuals. His particular emphasis as a tax shareholder is in tax planning and compliance, transaction structuring, including exit strategies for closely held companies. He also provides tax controversy services, representing businesses and individuals in examinations by the Internal Revenue Service and Franchise Tax Board.
Gil works with clients in various sectors such as manufacturing and distribution, real estate and technology companies.
Gil has over 35 years of experience, including 22 years with Arthur Andersen and two years with Deloitte & Touche. While at Arthur Andersen, Gil was in charge of the tax practice in the Woodland Hills office. Gil is a member of both the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Gil’s personal interests include travel and high altitude hiking.
- Corporate Tax Inversions, December 2014
- 10 Steps to Ensuring Your Financial Records Survive a Disaster, October 2014
- Solid Record Keeping is the Key to an IRS Audit, January 2014
- Be Aware of New Surtaxes, May 2013
- Home Office Expensing Made Easier by the IRS, January 2013
- Health Care Law Changes for 2013, January 2013
- Prop 30: Retroactive Tax Increases Approved by Voters, November 2012
- Close Eye on Congress Needed for Year-end Tax Planning, November 2012
- Tax Planning with Changing Tax Laws, December 2011
MBA, Northwestern University
B.S. in Accounting, University of Illinois