Amit Jain, CPA
Audit and Accounting Principal
As a member of the firm’s audit and assurance department, Amit has extensive experience working with privately held clients in the consumer finance, distribution, entertainment, retail and manufacturing industries.
Amit specializes in working with privately held entities that are diversified in size, and provides overall solutions for their audit, accounting and other financial reporting requirements. Amit is also a member of the firm’s Quality Control committee.
Amit is well versed in closely working with the Big 4, national firms, CFOs and controllers on special projects such as due diligence for client acquisitions, preparation of schedules of ultimate revenue, production cost capitalization, amortization and the restructuring of accounting systems.
He has worked at BDO India as an audit manager and has over 10 years of experience in assurance and accounting both in the United States and in India.
- An Update On: Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services (SSARS) 21, July 2016 (presentation)
- Borrowers to Experience New Revenue Recognition Reporting, November, 2015
- What type of financial assurance does a lender really need?, July 2015
- Private Companies May Receive A Break on Variable-Interest Entity (VIE), August 2013
- Big GAAP vs. Little Gap – An Update, August 2012
- Big GAAP vs. Little GAAP, August 2011
Amit is a member of a number of professional organizations, including the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the California Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Bachelor of Commerce, Delhi University, India